Hours / Directions / Map
Hampstead Public Library Board of Trustees
The BOT has a regular meeting schedule of the third Tuesday of each month at 2 PM.
If anyone would like to attend a meeting but the time is a deterrent, please reach out to the Director, Rosemary Krol firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie Gallo, Chair
Bob O'Brien, Treasurer
Brian Vass, Charles Fernandes
Meeting Minutes for HPL Board of Trustees
February 19, 2019 DRAFT
February 8, 2019
January 28, 2019
January 15, 2019
December 18, 2018
December 4, 2018
November 27, 2018
February, 19, 2019
January 15, 2019
December 18, 2018
November 27, 2018
October 16, 2018
September 18, 2018
Meet the Trustees for 2018-2019
Natalie Gallo is proud to be a member of the Board of Trustees. Married to George Gallo for over fifty-five years, she is now widowed. They were blessed with two sons, George, Jr., and Glenn. She has a smart and loving granddaughter, Madeline.
Music, Theater, Poetry, and every genre of the written word have been prime forces in Natalie’s life. Initially, she was a Voice/Theatre Arts major at NYU, and received a degree in that field. After moving to New England in 1960 she received an additional degree in Communications from Curry College in Milton, MA. She continued her education at Salem State College and UNH, eventually earning Certification from the NH State Board of Education as a Librarian/ Media Generalist. Natalie served Hampstead in that capacity for thirty-years. Upon retirement she became a member of the Hampstead School Board for fourteen-years. Community is all important to Natalie and she volunteers in town and on church committees and boards.
Natalie has many “favorite” authors: Emily Dickinson is her favorite poet, Jan Karon and the Mitford Series, Louise Penny and the Inspector Gamache Series. She loves all classics including those of the Bronte Sisters.
Her love for Biblical studies and Holy Scripture enabled her to complete a four-year program, Education for Ministry, in 2008 from the School of Theology, University of the South in Sewanee, TN.
Charlene Flaherty is originally from western Massachusetts, but has been a Hampstead resident since 1977. She has a BA degree in English and Education from Framingham State University. She is retired after working 23 years as a Director and Kindergarten teacher at Holy Angels Pre-school and Kindergarten. Charlene’s interests are family time, traveling, painting, reading, music, photography, and family genealogy. Her eclectic taste in reading material ranges from non-fiction stories of heroism and historical fiction to classic and contemporary fiction. She especially enjoys reading about places she is going to travel to and often brings home souvenirs pertaining to local literature or music.
Bob O’Brien, currently serving as a Trustee and Treasurer, has watched the Library grow since coming to Hampstead in 1975 and is proud to be part of such a valuable community asset. He feels the commitment to serve all citizens, young and old, is the highest priority of the Library Staff and its Trustees. Bob’s reading interests include American military history—WWII to Vietnam, action adventure novels, and individual journals of travel across America. His favorite author is Ian Fleming.
Brian Vass was born in RI, raised in MA and NJ, and has lived most of his adult life in NH. He has served on the Trustees of the Trust Funds, the Budget Committee during which time he served as liaison to the library trustees, and is currently serving his fourth term as an alternate library trustee.
Jorge Mesa-Tejada Born in Bogotá, Colombia, So. America (1936). Immigrated to the US on July 25, 1951. Naturalized American Citizen, August 11, 1955. US Marine Corps veteran (1954-57). Trained in physics, retired December 31, 2005 from a multinational software company providing enterprise-wide logistics solutions.
· Resident of Hampstead, NH since 1966
· Director, Coalition of NH Taxpayers 1995-present
· Co-founder/Vice-President of Citizens Education Association 1996-2002
· Vice-President, Children’s Scholarship Fund – New Hampshire1997-2001
· Chairman/vice-chairman, Hampstead School Board (1972-1976, 1990-1994)
· SAU 55 (Hampstead-Timberlane) Board (1972-1976, 1990-1994)
· Appointments by NH State Board of Education:
· - -Chairman SAU Study Committee, 1992;
· --Member, Spec Ed Task Force, 1994
· Appointed by Governor Merrill:
· ---Member, NH School Building Authority (1997-2000)
· Member, Hampstead Historic District Commission(1981-1983)
· Chairman, Hampstead Zoning Ordinance Committee: rewrote/reclassified entire Hampstead Zoning Ordinance so that average person could understands its provisions (1987-90)
· Chairman/member, Hampstead Budget Committee (1996; 2002-2005, 2006-2009, 2014-2017)
· Member, Steering Committee: Hampstead Community Profile (2005)
· Member, Master Plan Advisory Committee (2005 - 2008)
· Designer and Member, Hampstead Police Station Building Committee (2006-2010 )
· Member, Hampstead School Facilities Committee, (2001-2014)
· Received recognition plaque for Public Service since 1971 from Hampstead Board of Selectmen on February 10, 2017.
History of the Hampstead Public Library Trustees
|Henry Ordway, George R. Bennette, J.C. Eastman, William A. Emerson, Samuel Morse 1888||1888|
|George R. Bennette||1890-1897/1902-1904|
|William A. Emerson||1915-1920|
|Andrew M. Moulton||1889|
|John S. Carson||1889-1932|
|Francis H. Sawyer||1889|
|Moses C. Morse||1890|
|Daniel N. Hoyt||1892-1895 /1911|
|Rufus P. Gardiner||1898-1901|
|George A. Hoyt||1905-1910|
|Albion D. Emerson||1912-1914 /1933-1939|
|Lucius L. Darbee||1914-1931|
|Joseph M. Toit||1932-1937|
|Harriette W. Ingraham||1939-1942|
|Arthur A. Hathaway||1942|
|S. Evelyn Taylor||1942-1944 / 1946-1947|
|Grace Shaw Johnson||1942|
|Ann D. Bolton||953-1955|
|Lincoln K. Drake||1956|
|Rev. Theodore B. Hadley||1957-1962|
|Calvin Scovel, Jr.||1968-1973|
|Mildred F. Emerson||1973-1975|
|Mary E. Clark||1974-1979|
|Joseph Hannigan, Jr||1988-1992|